Présentation de la société
Pierre de Marsan built the castel in the seventeen century, exactly in 1630, and gave it its name. From this time, only the foundations subsiste ; the “chartreuse” we can see now is from the nineteen century.
In 1962, Paul and Marie-Josée Gonfrier came from Algeria to Lestiac. They bought the castel ; at this time the property was about 30 hectares in part of vine and in the other part of fruits trees. It’s during the middle of the 80’s that the Château de Marsan saw big changes : Eric and Philippe (two of the three suns) bring with them a new vision of the way of working. They made the bet to buy at least 15 hectares per year during 10 years (today the vineyard counts 350 ha…), they decided to invest in new equipments in the cellars with new technologies of vinification.
AdresseChateau de Marsan Les Chais de Rions
Lestiac Sur Garonne